The Surly Flat Bar Cross-Check: a different take on an old favorite, and a go-to for those seeking solid two-wheel, non-motorized transport. It’s still the same Surly Cross-Check frame that has reliably carried people from here to there for decades, only with a spec that moves it deeper into the category of practical transportation. The Cross-Check frame is constructed of size specific 4130 chromoly ‘Natch tubing and adorned with a simple and straight forward build kit comprised of SRAM X5 components, tough Alex rims, and our do-it-all Knard 41 tire. Instead of the standard drop bar, there’s a comfy flat bar with a 27-degree sweep to keep you sitting pretty, and an MSW Pork Chop rear rack to carry you and all of your stuff with the greatest of ease. One of Surly's goals with this bike was to keep the price tag low and the usefulness high. That way, you’ll have some cash leftover just in case you want to stop for a happy hour on the way home from work.
- 100% Surly 4130 chromoly frame, main triangle is double-butted; 1 1/8" threadless brazed chromoly fork
- Bosses front and rear for cantilever or linear-pull brakes, rack and fender eyelets at the dropouts, dual water bottle mounts, eyelets at the crown, and fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets for a front rack
- Semi-horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger for geared or singlespeed drivetrains and/or wheelbase adjustability
- Works with all single, double, and triple road or mountain cranksets
- Includes Surly brake hanger, seatpost clamp, and dropout adjusting screws
- Clearance to run 700c x 45mm tires; 40mm with fenders
Pedals sold separately
WARNING: Cycling can be dangerous. Bicycles and bicycle products should be assembled and serviced by a professional mechanic. Never modify your bicycle or accessories. Read and follow all product instructions and warnings including information on the manufacturer’s website. Inspect your bicycle before every use. Always wear a helmet.
|Frame||Surly 4130 chromoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded. ED Coated|
|Fork||4130 chromoly, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown with threaded eyelets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelet|
|Headset||Cane Creek 5, custom|
|Tires||Surly Knard 700 x 41c, 33TPI|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X5|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM PG920, 9-speed: 11-34|
|Handlebars||Dimension Arc Bar|
|Brake Levers||Tektro SL520RS|
|Brakes||Tektro M73 linear pull|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Sport|
|Accessories & Extras||MSW Pork Chop rear rack|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Black / 64cm||708752184282||BK8209||210000023845|